Back To Work

I have been on spring break (kind of early--the rest of the universe is starting theirs now or next week) but tomorrow must go back to the real world of 5:30 a.m alarm clock ringing. At least I don't have to drive in the dark now.

I made the mistake (well, I was trying to be gracious and give them more time, but it meant more work for me) of having my students who needed extra time send in their outlines half-way through the week. I didn't get a good response--only about half got them in on time. On top of that, it had to be submitted to turnitin.com. One student flagged 82%. I wrote her a pretty scathing email. I wanted to say, "Do I have stupid written on my forehead," but instead made it about her, and that I could have her taken up before the disciplinary committee and fail the class or worse. I wanted to put them fear in them. Most had less than 15%, which I don't worry about.

What's your opinion of turnitin? I don't like it, but is it a necessary evil?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflecting on Reflection in Learning

The LAST Word on Learning Styles

Lessons in Leadership Failure