Shout Out on Faculty Instructional Development

I was able--and privileged--to sit in on a session with Todd Zakrajsec (pronounced Kry zik) on Friday, Feb. 23. If you do not know his work in teaching and learning in higher education, please get to know it. This was one of the best teaching and learning sessions I have experienced in a long time. I used to run our CETL (with no budget), and my dissertation is about faculty professional (instructional) development. 

In this session he exploded some myths about active learning and teaching v. lecturing.  Perhaps I'll write more about them in a future post, but you would do better to get his books, of which there are several. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflecting on Reflection in Learning

The LAST Word on Learning Styles

Lessons in Leadership Failure