Post #3, Reflecting on Teaching Blog series: Grading

Isn't grading the worst?  

That's my lead (lede?) I didn't bury it. 

I have probably 100 assignments to "assess" today and tomorrow. Some very short, some more involved. 

The issue is how students perceive a grade, really, or how we have taught them to. 

My intentionality project this time is to provide better feedback on the assignment, with more personal touch. I still have to put a number on it (using a rubric, of course). That's the worst part and all the students really look at, sometimes.  It would be good if Learning Management systems had a "read this first, respond, then get the number" framework.  I guess we could do that ourselves, somehow. We could require a response to every major assignment to see if there is understanding of the evaluation or assessment. 

Yes, that is something to think about.  HUMMMM.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflecting on Reflection in Learning

The LAST Word on Learning Styles

Lessons in Leadership Failure