Blog Post #7: Reflection on Teaching This Semester, Fighting High School

Is it me, or do you feel that with freshmen, we are mostly fighting what they have been taught in high school versus building on it?

1. "Our teachers didn't expect anything to be turned in on time during COVID."

2. "My high school teachers said college professors are mean."

3. "In high school I could take tests over." 

4. "I got good grades in this subject in high school."

5. "We got to work on the assignments and homework in class in high school."

What else? I'm sure you've heard statements like these--to say nothing about wrong concepts of the disciplines we teach. 

This is the place for comments!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflecting on Reflection in Learning

The LAST Word on Learning Styles

Lessons in Leadership Failure