Lecturing--what's wrong with it?

http://nautil.us/blog/the-case-against-lectures

I agree that lecturing should be minimized--but it takes a plan and a cultural change for students to know they have to read the material and that class is time for activity and interaction.  I try to do both, but am not always successful.  I taught a new class this semester and tried to have relevant application activities for the chapters; since it was a class in Interpersonal Communication at the 2000 level, I wanted them TALKING to each other.  I was pleased that now at the end I go into class and they are talking (silliness, sometimes, but that's ok, they are young) rather than glued to their cell phones. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflecting on Reflection in Learning

The LAST Word on Learning Styles

Lessons in Leadership Failure