Update on Doctoral Journey

I hope to post a paper I'm working on here soon.  It's about transformative learning, or more specifically, the need for communication training to achieve transformative learning.  It occurred to me in the class that I took last month  (6 hours in Atlanta on a Saturday made for a long day, four hours in the car, etc) that if someone is going to use discourse and dialogue for adult education, transformative learning, action inquiry, etc., that a lot of it depends on creating communication climates and sustaining them.  People do not communicate that way naturally.  So that is probably what I will pursue in this paper and probably to some extent the dissertation.  We work on our dissertation as we go in this program, thankfully. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflecting on Reflection in Learning

The LAST Word on Learning Styles

Lessons in Leadership Failure