Scarey Copyright Case

http://blogs.library.duke.edu/scholcomm/2011/05/13/a-nightmare-scenario-for-higher-education/

This is a breakdown of a case in court now between some textbook/academic publishers and Georgia State University, my alma mater for one semester. It is troubling. I will be the first to admit that some teachers violate the fair use laws--knowingly or unknowingly, and when unknowingly, intentionally unknowingly, just choosing not to bother to know what is legal and illegal. But what the plaintiffs want is pretty unbearable and unbelievable.

I have not posted to this blog for a while, but will stop. I will probably use it more for references to other materials on the Internet than for my own writing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflecting on Reflection in Learning

The LAST Word on Learning Styles

Lessons in Leadership Failure