Extremely Important Update on Copyright Law Infringement Case in Georgia

http://chronicle.com/article/Whats-at-Stake-in-the-Georgia/127718/?sid=at&utm_source=at&utm_medium=en

I tried to put on a copyright workshop for our faculty.  Three people showed up (I'm not exaggerating).  I strongly believe instructors need to get a grip on this matter.  I see people photocopying randomly out of books all the time.  As an author of textbooks and novels, I resent that, first of all, because it says "your work is good enough for me to use in the classroom but not good enough to credit and definitely not worth paying for."  It is an insidious form of plagiarism, and then we tell our students not to plagiarize! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflecting on Reflection in Learning

The LAST Word on Learning Styles

Lessons in Leadership Failure