Another Reason for College Instructors to Stay Off Social Media

From my go-to of the day, (along with Christianity Today), Inside Higher Ed:

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2017/06/14/dispute-about-sociology-quiz-question-slave-families-ends-lecturers-termination?utm_source=Inside+Higher+Ed&utm_campaign=f0b09ed148-DNU20170614&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_1fcbc04421-f0b09ed148-198482621&mc_cid=f0b09ed148&mc_eid=ab27a3f05f    

(I realize it is better to "hide" the link under a word but I want this to be transparent.)

My take on this:
1.  I tend to side with the student, for once, although she is only 51% right overall.
2.  The instructor lost my support when she went to social media.  Cardinal rule of teaching:  Never, ever, ever discuss classroom issues on social media.  It violates privacy, it will bite you on the butt,  it's nobody's business, and it makes the instructor look childish.  Just wrong. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflecting on Reflection in Learning

The LAST Word on Learning Styles

Lessons in Leadership Failure